Thursday, October 14, 2010

P7 - Week 7

Time to pick some football games. The last 2 weeks have killed my mojo. (If you can call being 61% right mojo). I was right on 2 of 7 games two weeks ago, and I was 3 for 6 last week. That brings my season record to 24-20. I'm still above 50%, but barely (54%).

Here are the picks for this week's games:

McNeese State @ LSU (off) - This one is off the board, which means our friends in Nevada cannot bet on this one. I'm sure Les Miles is glad for a baby seal to slaughter this week. I'm sure he'll try to save some of his weekly magic for Auburn next week. LSU.

Vanderbilt @ Georgia (-15) - Apparently Vegas was impressed with UGAs romp over Tennessee last week. I was not. After all, it was over Tennessee. The Vols will keep it close. Tennessee.

Mississippi State @ Florida (-7.5) - Dan Mullen brings his Bulldogs to his old stomping grounds in The Swamp. His team is much improved. I think they will give Mr. Meyer's Gators a run for their money. Florida wins, but it's close. But not closer than a touchdown. Florida.

South Carolina @ Kentucky (+5) - South Carolina is coming off of a huge win over the formerly #1 ranked Crimson Tide of Alabama. The Wildcats are coming off of an emotional loss to the (currently) #7 ranked Auburn Tigers. I think UK will sneak up on the Gamecocks. In the first half. Then Spurrier's boys will settle down and take care of business. South Carolina.

Ole Miss @ Alabama (-20.5) - Alabama is pissed. Ole Miss (with their ridiculous new 'Rebel Bear' mascot) are next. It should be ugly early. Alabama.

Arkansas @ Auburn (-3.5) - This game scares me to death. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallet is one of the best in the country. Auburn's pass defense is their weakness. I really have no idea how this game will turn out. I think it will be a much better game than last year's debacle in Fayetteville. I'm not so sure the outcome will be any better in terms of win vs. loss for Auburn. Since I cannot make an educated guess, I'll go with my heart. Auburn.

There you have it. Another week of mediocre football analyses and picks. Remember (as always), these picks are for entertainment purposes only. Please, no wagering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected