Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TWIS (This Week In Scott)

It’s been a long, long few weeks. Maybe it’s been a few months. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I felt scattered. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I’m pretty sure it has not gotten any better.

I realized, a couple of days ago, the source of at least part of that feeling. Lately I’ve felt like a lot of things were unresolved. I feel a lot like a juggler who throws all of his balls in the air and waits for them to comeback down. The problem is I don’t remember throwing them up in the air, and I have no idea what’s up there. (And thence, no idea what will come down.)

So that’s part of the scatteredness.

Last week was a little hectic. Thursday we held my grandmother’s funeral. I’m not sure there’s a whole lot to say about it. It was tough seeing her for the last time. She looked more like her self than she did the last time I saw her, but she still didn’t look like her self.

It was nice to see my family. It was the first time in many years that we’ve all been together. After the funeral, everyone went to my parents’ house for lunch. Kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and great-great grandkids. Spouses. Aunts, uncles, & cousins. It was a house full. And a porch full. And a yard full. My grandmother had 3 children, 8 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, and 9 great-great grandchildren (with another one on the way). It was a wonderful celebration of her life.

I finished up Frankenstein last week, also. It really was a great show. I loved working with the wonderful cast and our excellent director and crew (pictured on left). I hope you had a chance to see it.

I was actually more social than I’ve been in a long, long time. I went out with the cast a few times. I went to not one, but two cast parties. It was quite a change for me. Theater people are fun.

That reminds me of one of my favorite sentences of all time. A guy I’d know since elementary school said this to me in high school. Keep in mind he said it during a drama class of which he was a part. “Scott, you’re becoming a theater person.” He said it with disgust and derision. It still makes me laugh to this day.

I think I’ve finally recovered from all of my Frankenstein bumps and bruises. I don’t think I ever mentioned it last week, but I fell backstage during our Saturday night performance. I missed the top step, fell about 4 feet, and landed on my butt on the bottom step. The bruises were really gruesome. It also caused some back pain and a sore hip. All of that has passed.

I guess that’s it. I’m done for now. By the way, I was 3-3 in SEC games last week. So, not as bad as I thought, but sill not good.

Maybe the fog is finally lifting…this is twice I’ve written this week.

1 comment:

  1. Understand fog ...glad it's lifting...now that fall...don't be surprised if it revisits in 6 months. Don't be afraid of chiropractor if it does.

    Enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected