Friday, October 1, 2010

Funky Friday

I just found one of the greatest words I’ve ever read.

Lassitude – (n) – Physical or mental weariness.

I’ve decided this sums up my general state for the past few months. A few days ago, I decided malaise was The best description. Upon searching for synonyms, I found lassitude. (I also like indolence.)

Many of you already know, but I need to acknowledge it here: my grandmother died Wednesday. I started writing about it that afternoon, but I only got 3-4 sentences out. I’m not quite ready to unpack all of this in a public forum just yet.

One thing I will say, this situation has brought to light, at least to me, how truly anti-social I am… but more on that later.

The funeral is not until late next week. My aunt and uncle in Hawaii already planned to visit next week, arrangements were made so that they would not have to change their flight. I’m sure I’ll have more to say after that.

Frankenstein is gong well. We opened last night. The show runs tonight and tomorrow, then next Thursday and Friday. You have 4 more chances to catch it.

The show really is great. The cast is amazing. The sets are fantastic (but not as good as the cast). The effects (lighting, sound, make-up) are spot-on. It is a great show all around. It has been a great distraction the past couple of days.

Speaking of distraction… how about some football picks? Sure.

This week, no commentary. Just teams, spreads, and picks. Quick and easy. (OK, maybe some commentary.)

Louisiana-Monroe @ Auburn (-35) – No way AU wins by that much. ULM
Alcorn St. @ Mississippi State (off) – MSU rolls on the cupcake. – MSU
Vanderbilt @ Connecticut (-7.5) – Vandy keeps it close (or wins). – Vandy
Kentucky @ Ole Miss (-3) – The Wildcats go wild on the Rebel’s non-defense. – UK
Tennessee @ LSU (-16) – I’m not sure LSU’s offense can score 16, much less win by 16. – UT
Georgia @ Colorado (+4.5) – The Dawgs finally get it together. – UGA
Florida @ Alabama (-8) – Bama wins, but it’s close. – Florida


That’s it! Have a great weekend! And come see Frankenstein!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected