Thursday, September 2, 2010

2010 P7 #1 - Are You Ready...

I almost forgot to post my football pick for the weekend. So here it is 2010’s 1st edition of Scott’s Potentially Perfect Perhaps Perfectly Pathetic Pigskin Prognostications. As in years past, I’ll stick with the SEC plus a big game or two from the other conferences.

Just for info. I pick against the spread. And keep in mind; these picks are for entrainment purposes only. Please, no wagering.

First tonight’s game:
Southern Miss @ South Carolina (-14) – This will be a tough game for the fighting Visors (aka USC Gamecocks). Southern Miss is not a terrible team. They are not great, but not terrible. I think the Cocks will win, but it’ll be close. I look for them to put it away late in the 4th quarter. Southern Miss keeps it under the 14 points.

This week is going to be tough. Everybody is playing creampuff teams for the most part. Now I’ll get the real fluff games out of the way.
Jacksonville State @ Ole Miss, UT-Martin @Tennessee, and Tennessee Tech @Arkansas (off) – Vegas won’t touch these games. None have a spread. The home team will win in each.

From this point on, I’ll go in order of the point spread, from largest to smallest.
San Jose St. @ Alabama (-37.5) – Mark Ingram is hurt and out of this game. It won’t matter. Alabama racks up points & gives up few to none.

Miami (OH) @ Florida (-36.5) – These cream puff games make for huge spreads. I don’t think the number in this one is big enough. Go with the home team. Florida wins big.

A
rkansas St. @ Auburn (-31) – My Tigers are breaking in a new quarterback. That will be the only drama in this game. Auburn.

Louisiana-LaFayette @ Georgia (-28.5) – I know nothing about ULL. I know little about UGA, except that they have talent. But, I’ve picked the favorite in every game so far, so I’ll pick ULL to keep it under 28 points.

Memphis @Mississippi State (-21) – The (MSU) Bulldogs are getting better and better under Dan Mullen. Memphis seems to be getting worse and worse under..well, whoever their head coach is this week. MSU scores early and often.

LSU @ North Carolina (+6.5) – Because of the Tar Heels’ off the field problems this number has gone from 3 to 1.5 back to 3 and now to 6.5. I look for LSU to dominate in the stats, but probably not on the scoreboard. Les Miles is insane. He makes terrible decisions. He’s also getting a little desperate to save his job. I think that’ll make him a little more dangerous. LSU wins, but I think UNC will stay within 6.5.

Northwestern @ Vanderbilt (+4.5) – The Big 10 comes south to face the weakest team in the SEC. I think they’ll go home disappointed. Vandy wins outright.

Kentucky @ Louisville (+3) – Steve Cragthorpe destroyed Louisville’s football program. Rich Brooks revived UK’s program. Both of those coaches are gone. But the programs are still in the shape in which they were left. The Wildcats will prevail for the 4th straight year.

1 comment:

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected