Thursday, September 9, 2010

Scott's P7 Week 2

One day soon I’ll get an actual real blog post up. Today is not that day. Today, it’s time for more football picks.

Last week I ended up 7-5, which gives me a winning percentage of 58%. I figure anything over 50% is good. Just so you know, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. I just do this for fun. If you are the type of person who bets on sports (and it is legal where you live) I would not wager any money based on these picks. I’ll give you my usual disclaimer:

These picks are for entertainment purposes only. Please, no wagering.

Here we go:
Auburn @ Mississippi State (+1) – My Tigers let me down last week. They couldn’t quite keep ASU out of the end zone. This week they have to deal with a much more potent offense and a hostile crowd. Dan Mullen has his team firing on all cylinders and the Bulldog faithful fired up. I (as do many others) think this could end up as a shootout. I think Auburn has the better defense, and I have to stay on the Cam bandwagon. AU.

LSU @ Vanderbilt (+9.5) – LSU tried really hard to give away a win to UNC last week, but eked out a win. Vandy fought tooth-and-nail against a tough Northwestern team only to come up a point shy. Because of Les Miles’ history and because of Vandy’s tenaciousness I’ll make this prediction: LSU gets a big lead, Les does something stupid, Vandy catches up, Vandy loses in the last minute. But they’ll keep it under a touchdown. Vandy.

Louisiana-Monroe @ Arkansas (-34) – I think that number is ridiculous. Then again, I have no idea what I’m talking about. LAMO keeps it respectable.

South Florida @Florida (-15) – 2-3 years ago this would have been a really interesting game. This year it’s just another tune-up game for an SEC powerhouse. Florida’s offense looked horrible in a win last week. I think they’ll right the ship and put up many points. Florida.

Western Kentucky @ Kentucky (-24.5) – I have nothing to say about this game. UK wins by a lot.

Georgia @ South Carolina (-3) – Georgia proved me wrong last week. So did USC (east). Both the Dawgs and the Cocks performed better than I expected. I see this game as a toss up. I’m picking the Gamecocks because I hate Georgia.

Oregon @ Tennessee (+12) – I love it when a Pac-10 team comes into an SEC team’s stadium picked to win by double digits. Unfortunately, said Pac-10 teams usually live up to it. This time, not so fast. Oregon wins, but Dooley’s Vols keep it close.

Ole Miss @ Tulane (+20.5) – Last week Ole Miss… hahahahahahahahahahaha! They lost to Jacksonville State! Hahahahaha! This week they travel to the Crescent City to take on the Green Wave. I expect that the Rebels will be pissed. I also expect them to score a lot of points. But, if they couldn’t stop Jax State, I don’t expect them to stop Tulane either. The Rebs win, but in a nail-biter, and Houston Nutt’s noose tightens just a little more. Tulane.

Penn State @ Alabama (-12) – This is the game of the week. For some reason. I think the hype is based mostly on history, because I don’t think anyone really thinks the Nittany Lions have the talent to hang with Bama. OK, maybe I think so. Penn State’s offense is suspect, but their defense is stout. I look for a low scoring game. I think Bama will come out on top, but JoePa’s defense will keep it close. Penn State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected