Monday, April 5, 2010

J-Hey and What I Weigh.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I did.

Getting older sucks. In years past if I wanted to lose weight, I lost weight. I would think, “Hmm, I need to lose 20 pounds.” 2-3 weeks later 10 pounds were gone. A couple weeks later the entire 20 was gone. That was that. Life goes on.

Not so these days. I’ve been trying to lose weight for 3 weeks now. I’m eating less and I’m exercising. It may not be much exercise (a 45 minute to 1 hour walk 3-4 times a week,) but it’s 3-4 hours more exercise than I was getting before.

Now, 3 weeks later, I have lost nothing. Nothing! I'm stuck in the mid-190s. Hello discouragement. Apparently after 35 you can no longer eat anything. I guess I’ll just take solace in the fact that the walks are making me healthier.

And continue eating less and less until I finally lose some weight.

Today is opening day for the Braves. I’m listening now (on my new iPod, with which I am in love.)

Jason Heyward! Welcome to infamous obscurity. He just hit a home run in his first Major League at bat. 102 MLB rookies homered in their first MLB at bat before Heyward. Almost all of them were rarely heard from again. Arguably only 5-8% went on to what would be considered a successful career. Sorry, Jason. The odds are against you. Remember Jordan Shafer? Neither do we.

Don’t forget to sign up for email updates at the top of the page. I’m going to send the email reminders and use FaceBook notifications through the end of this week. After that I’ll leave it up to FeedBurner and Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to lose a pound or a few, too, but I had a thought: ever try running? I'm addicted to it now after never thinking I'd like it 10 or so years ago. That would probably help you lose weight. I know I need to do some minor strength training but I haven't made myself do that yet. Keep on trucking, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did run for a while. When we were in Kentucky I ran 3-4 times a week for a couple of years. I never loved it, but I got into the habit. Then we moved and it took no time to break the habit.

    I've thought about picking it up again, but so far I'm not motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crossing my fingers, but from what all the "experts" are saying, Jason Heyward is the real deal. Go Braves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what feedburner is & I refuse to twitter... is that a problem?? acr

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected