Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Scott's P7 - Se7en

It’s early for football picks, but it’s a short week. I was 4-1 last week. 25-14 for the season. Next week I’ll pick the SEC Championship game. Maybe some others, but probably just the SEC game. That means that along with this week’s 6 games I am assured of a winning season picking games. I think that may be a first. Here we go!

It’s the final week of regular season SEC football: Rivalry Week! I’ll make these quick.

Arkansas @ LSU (-3.5) – LSU is coming off of a disastrous loss to Ole Miss. Arkansas is hitting their stride. I think Lester and the LSU Tigers make a come back this week. They’ll take the home win to finish the season on an up note. LSU.

Georgia @ Georgia Tech (-7.5) – I know I should make some SEC vs. the ACC comparisons here. But the truth is, Georgia is so inconsistent that generalities do not apply. I think the Bulldogs are done for the season. The Yellow Jackets should roll. Georgia Tech.

Florida @ Florida State (-24.5) – FSU is bad, but I’m not sure they are 24-home-loss bad. I look for Florida to win. I don’t think the game will ever be in doubt. But the Seminoles will keep it relatively close. Florida State.

Ole Miss @ Mississippi State (+8) – This year’s Egg Bowl should be just that. An egg. Plump, plain, and no fun to watch. MSU, like Georgia is done. But I do think that these Bulldogs have a little more fight left in them than their Athens-based namesakes. I still think they lose big. Ole Miss.

Tennessee @ Kentucky (+3) – I cannot believe Tennessee is picked to win this game. I had to go back and check to make sure I wrote the number down correctly. I did. They won’t. Kentucky.

This last game is a tough one. I need some time to think about it. It is a head versus heart issue. My Tigers taking on Bama in on of the best rivalries in College sports. The Iron Bowl.

Alabama @ Auburn (+10) Here’s my dilemma: I’ve vowed to pick against Auburn this season. At first it was until they proved me wrong. Which they did against Ole Miss. Then I was right again in picking against them vs. Georgia. But to pick against them I would have to pick Alabama, who I have also vowed to pick against until proven wrong. That is not even considering the fact that picking against AU would mean picking Bama to win the Iron Bowl. Then again, Alabama is decidedly better that Auburn. They are better on Special Teams, about even on Offense, and much better on Defense. But still…

Picking Bama *shudder* I don’t know if I can do it. I’m especially not sure I can pick them considering that 10 point line. Man, this is giving me a headache.

Do I pick with my head or with my heart?

I’m going with my head. My head tells me Auburn does better when I pick against them thant they do when I pick them. There fore, it’s a win-win. If Auburn wins, I’m happy. If Alabama wins, it’s one more correct pick for the year. Then again, if Auburn loses by less than 10…

I can’t do it. Heart it is! Auburn!

War Eagle!!!

1 comment:

  1. 2-4. Worst week yet. And for some reason I forgot to pick the USC/Clemson game.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected