Thursday, October 29, 2009

P7 - Week 3

It’s Scott’s Potentially Perfect Perhaps Perfectly Pathetic Pigskin Prognostications week 3. Last week I was 3-3 bringing my record for the season to 7-5.

I should remind you, I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. I’m no expert, just a guy who likes football. But for some reason I feel the need to tell everyone my opinion. Call it narcissism.

Unless you’re in Vegas (or outside of the US) actually betting on these games is illegal. And if you are betting using these picks as your guide is inadvisable.

OK, on to the picks!

Eastern Michigan @ Arkansas (-35) – Arkansas got drummed last week. This will be a nice chance for them to do some drumming of their own. I’ll admit I know nothing about Eastern Michigan. I do know this, though they are not an SEC team and The Hogs should handle them easily. The Hogs are pissed and looking to score some points. Arkansas wins big.

Tulane @ LSU (-38) – LSU’s offense looked good last week, but they were playing against Auburns defense. Tulane has not been good in a long, long time. Barring one season under Tommy Bowden I’m not sure they’ve ever been good. Hell of a medical school, terrible football team (kind of like Alabama’s own UAB). That being said, I don’t think the offense of the Bayou Bengals is as good as it looked last week. I can’t see them beating any Division 1 team by 38. LSU will win, but the Green Wave keeps it closer than 38. Tulane.

Georgia Tech @ Vanderbilt (+10.5) – Vanderbilt proved me wrong last week. They actually showed some signs of life. I’m not sure they can contain the Ramblin’ Wreck’s running game. I’m going to take a chance on the Commodores, though. They may not win, but I think they’ll keep it close. Vandy.

Mississippi State @ Kentucky (-3) – This is a tough one. Kentucky is playing well right now, but they are pretty beat up. Mississippi State has played well in their last few games, but that’s been mostly at home. The question here is can the Bulldogs play well on the road against an SEC opponent. I think they can. MSU is making strides under Dan Mullen. I think they win. I’ll take the MSU Bulldogs.

South Carolina @ Tennessee (-5) The Vols almost pulled off the upset of the year last week. The Gamecocks were almost the victims of an upset themselves. I don’t think Tennessee can maintain the energy they played with last week. And I really do not see them as a favorite in this game. I think the Vols come back down to earth and the Cocks win outright. South Carolina.

Georgia vs. Florida (-17) – Get ready for “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.” UGA had a week off after their loss to Tennessee and should be well rested. Florida is coming off of three ugly, ugly wins. One of which probably should have been a loss. (Too bad Arkansas doesn’t have a decent placekicker.) So far I’m 2 for 2 picking against the Gators. Not this week. I don’t think the Dawgs can get it together. I think Tebow wakes his team up and the Gators roll. Florida.

Ole Miss @ Auburn (+3) – It’s not often that Auburn plays as an underdog at home. Such is the state of the 2009 version of the Auburn Tigers. If Auburn can get things together on offense, if the defense can get off the field on 3rd downs, if the team can cut out the stupid penalties, and if Ole Miss returns to its early season ineptitude the Tigers will win. Unfortunately, I don’t see all of those forces coming together. Plus, I said earlier this week, I’m picking against my Tigers until they prove me wrong. The Rebels win, and it will likely be ugly. Ole Miss.

That’s it for this week. Here’s to hoping for a winning record. There is one game I hope I’m wrong about, though. War Eagle!

Do you agree? Why am I right? Why am I wrong? I invite all comments and criticisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected