Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween/Football Follow-up

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. We did. I thought I had pictures. Apparently, I fail as a parent. We had a great time. Chili, candy, trick or treating, candy, more trick or treating, more candy. Oh yeah, and AU won. A great day.

Yesterday was Youth Sunday at Edgemont. The youth led the worship service. including my son. Several of the kids played the closing song. Mine played drums. I was amazed. He plays percussion in the band at school. He has a drum set at home. He never practices. Once in a while he sits down and plays a beat for a few minutes. I knew he could keep a beat. But wow. He was good! I didn't expect that.

The service as a whole was great. Everyone did a wonderful job.

I wanted to give a quick update on my football picks. I've decided I may be the only one who cares about this stuff, but that won't stop me.

I finished the weekend at 4-3 which brings me to 11-8 for the season. My biggest disappointments of the weekend were Vandy and South Carolina. I really expected both to play better than they did.

I was wrong on the Auburn game, too. That one doesn't bother me, though. AU seems to be getting things back on track. They now have a legitimate shot at matching my 8-4 prediction. Nice! I'm pretty sure I'll be picking against them for the rest of the season, though. I am the superstitious type.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected