Friday, March 6, 2009

Keep a rollin...

I decided that I would give up all of my New Year’s Resolutions for Lent. So far it’s working out pretty well.

I should just go ahead and say that anyone who’s not gay or someone’s 53 year-old aunt should just skip this next section. Unless you, like me, happen to be a young (or relatively young,) heterosexual fan of musical theater.

Earlier this week, fate threw a new wrinkly into my Heights vs. Sutton dilemma. We’re arriving in NYC March 19th, which just happens to be opening night for the revival of West Side Story! When I learned that it was case closed! Problem solved! “Sorry, Sutton. Destiny will have to wait. Sorry, Lin-Manuel, I will catch your Latin/Hip-Hop extravaganza on the national tour. I’m headed to the other side of the tracks to watch the Sharks rumble with the Jets!”

It was time to buy tickets! The regular seats were sold out, but I could get premium seats. Those seats? $361.00 each! To quote Charles M. Schulz, “AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!”

I was right back where I started. Then I made an amazing discovery. Rock of Ages! A musical set to the music of, you guessed it, 80’s hair bands. Go to the web-site look at the “set list.” Game over. Decision made. Plus, now my nephew and son want to go to the theater with me.

I may try to squeeze in another show while we’re there, but we’re only there for two nights. Maybe I’ll see what TKTS has for Friday.

I still plan to do a bunch of “Best of” posts next week. Though it looks like it will be more like “Writer’s Choice” since no one has mentioned any favorites. I’ll kick it off Monday. It’ll be nice kind of like a sit-com on summer hiatus. Have a great weekend and enjoy the great weather (Unless you weather is crappy. If so, I’m sorry I brought it up.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected