Monday, March 2, 2009

Bronchitis Blows! (But not very hard)

 

I spent the better part of the day slobbing it up on the couch today. I have Bronchitis. I guess that gives me an excuse. I got two shots today and I feel better already.

The day off gave me a chance to finally catch up on this season of Heroes. So far, I’m not impressed. The writing is horrible, the story line is iffy at best; I don’t love it. I’m even starting to hate characters I used to really like. Claire, Peter, and Hiro, for example, are becoming completely unlikable.

My dad is taking my nephew, my son, and I to New York City later this month. I’m very excited. This brings about a dilemma. I really want to see In the Heights. I would also like to see Shrek: The Musical. I love what I have heard of In the Heights; plus, it won the Best Musical Tony last year. Shrek stars Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona. You regular readers know who she is. For those who are newer, here’s the short description: She’s my potential future second wife. (Only in the event that something happens to Misty, of course.) I’m torn. My mom’s not going with us this year, so I guess I’ll be hitting the theater by myself, which seems a little depressing. I’ll get over it. Musical theater (especially on Broadway) is worth a little depression.

I hope I can sleep a little better tonight. Being sick has made it difficult the last few nights. I sleep 30 minutes then wake up for 10. I wake up freezing, then I wake up sweating. When I do sleep I have the weirdest dreams. Last night I was trying to get from a dirt road to a farmhouse, so I went through a field with horses. Only the horses turned into llamas. Since I didn’t want to get spat upon by a llama, I decided to climb the fence and use the driveway. When I turned around there was a rhinoceros climbing down from a haystack and standing on 2 legs. Analyze that one! In another one I was climbing around the trails at Camp Sumatanga and shooting what I can only assume were enemy soldiers. And I’m pretty sure I dreamed I was playing high school football; as a 35 year-old.

I’ve decided that next week will be a “Best Of” week. I’m taking suggestions for a past entry you’d like to read again. Or one you think newer readers may have missed, but would enjoy. Look back through the archives and let me know. I’ll post 3-4 next week and comment on them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected