Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Birthday's make me feel old.


I meant to do a quick medical update yesterday. Last Friday I woke up at 4 am feeling like someone had stabbed me in the shoulder. I had no chance of going back to sleep. I got up and watched TV for a while then went to work. Around 7-8 am it stopped hurting. It didn’t really hurt for the rest of the day.

That happened for the next couple of days. Finally Sunday night I put a glass of water and 4 each Advil and Tylenol by the bed. I woke up a couple of times in the night and took one or the other. I actually slept until 5:30 (my usual week-day wake-up time).

I went to the doctor later that day. At first they said Bursitis. Then we looked at the x-ray. Apparently my arm bone is trying to suck up into my shoulder joint or fall out of the socket or something. Either way it hurt like the dickens. But only when I lay down for a long time.

I have meds now, though. Steroids (those may help with my New Year’s Resolution), Anti-inflammatory pills (those may act counter to my resolution), and a muscle relaxer for sleepy time. So far so good. This morning I woke up pain free for the first time since Friday.

Hopefully this will correct the problem. If not, it’s injection time. Yippee Skippy.

Maybe it will help my elbow problems, too. I think I’m falling apart. It must be my impending birthday mixed with old injuries. 183.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected