Friday, October 10, 2008

Potentially Perfect (Probably Pathetic) Pigskin Prognostications Part 3

Just to review, I was 2-3 last week. That brings my record to 7-11 for the season. That means I’m right a whopping 39% of the time. If this were baseball I’d be an All-Star, but in the world of football 39% is never a good stat. I’ve got to start picking with my head instead of my heart.

I need to get a real update up this week. I will try to do that later today. We’ll see how the day plays out. For now, here are some picks.

Vanderbilt @ Mississippi State (+2.5) – This is a tough one. Will Vandy suffer a let down? Will MSU get their first “big” upset win of the year? I think no on both counts. Vandy sneaks by the Bulldogs to go 6-0.

South Carolina @ Kentucky (+3) – Spurrier has the other USC on a roll. They finally seem to be playing to their potential. The Wildcats are banged up after a hard fought loss to Bama. I lived in Kentucky for 2 years. While I was there the Wildcats grew on me a little. But this is a head pick, not a heart pick. It will be tough, but I’m going be mature and avoid all double entendres while picking the Gamecocks.

LSU @ Florida (-6) – Lots of questions here. Is Florida as good as everyone wants them to be? Is LSU as good as advertised? Can Jarret Lee keep the magic alive in his first road SEC start? Will the Florida offense finally come to life? Will Ricky Jean-Francois get punched in the neck for talking about taking out Tebow? Will Les Miles finally gamble and lose? Florida is favored by 6. I think it’s closer than that, so I’m going with LSU plus the points.

Tennessee @ Georgia (-12) – This one is easy, for me anyway. UT has no offense (possibly worse that Auburn!) The Bulldogs are pissed. Pissed that they lost 2 weeks ago. Pissed that UT blew them out last year. They’ve also had an extra week to prepare and heal. UGA wins big to drive another nail in Phil’s coffin.

Arkansas @ Auburn (-17) – I cannot believe the line is still that high. Especially given the week that was on the Plains. Auburn by 17? Really? I’m not sure they will score 17. The over/under is 39. Take the under. I see maybe 20 total points in this game, and that’s if AU’s defense can keep up their scoring ways. For my second head over heart pick of the week, the Hogs may lose, but they keep it under 17. AU-14 UA-6.

Oklahoma vs. Texas (+6) – This is a big one. This week’s “Game of the Century.” #1 vs. #5. Both teams have dominated inferior competition so far this season. I have no idea how to pick it, so I’ll flip a coin. Head OU, tails the Longhorns…..heads. The Sooners by a touchdown or more.

I think I’ll get back to .500 for the season this week. If you don’t watch football, check back Sunday for the results. In the mean time, I’ll try to get a life update posted this afternoon.

P.S. Anyone know a good program to convert a .wav to an .mp3?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected