Thursday, August 9, 2007

Uh oh!

I think it's a bad thing when your forecast picture is a huge sun baking over a cactus.



100 freaking degrees!!! This weather is just wrong! I want 50 degree days and 30 degree nights! It's about 85 in our building right now. Our air conditioner struggles mightily in this heat. Even with the window unit in my office going (in addition to the central unit) it's still about 80 in here. Summer sucks!

On a brighter note, school started back today. The kids are relatively happy, mom is definitely happy, and I'm... well I didn't have to spend everyday with them this summer.

Got some disturbing news earlier this week about a respected person from my past. Not quite ready to share yet. Let's just say I was surprised but not shocked.

Our band got what I think was a compliment from Emily last week. She listened for a while at rehearsal. As she left some one asked what she thought. Her response, "You're better than I thought you'd be." I took that as a huge compliment. But I will say this, Emily, you should hear us on a Sunday. We're much better on Sundays than at Wednesday night practice.

Have a good weekend & stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected