Monday, July 16, 2007

PAH-DOO-KAH

Paducah was good. The trip made me realize I miss that place. I think we'll retire there.

One of the best parts was seeing Glen Phillips live. I missed his first two songs, but got to see the bulk of his set. Nickel Creek was good, too. I'm glad I got to see them on their Farewell (for now) Tour. They, of course did some songs together with Glen. Good stuff.

It was really great to see Broadway people. We haven't been to Paducah since we moved back to Florence 2 1/2 years ago. I could not believe how tall all of the boys were! We'll go back sooner than later.

I wrote this March 5th of this year:
What I'm doing:
Aside from work, I'm still playing guitar for our Alternative Worship service. Two weeks ago our worship leader resigned, so that has put a little pressure on the others in the band. If I had a little more musical knowledge I would try to step in the interim, but it intimidates the crap out of me! If anyone has a desire to be a worship leader in the Florence area, or knows someone who would, let me know.
I had to laugh this weekend. I really missed being there leading the service this weekend. 4 months ago, you couldn't have paid me enough to sing and play guitar in front of 50-70 people. Now, you couldn't pay me enough to give it up. I love it. It's tremendous fun, and it's fulfilling. I feel like God uses me each week to share his love. I couldn't ask for more. God has really stretched me with this little venture, but it's been a good stretch.

We listened to the 80s channel on Sirius almost the whole trip home yesterday. It's such a fun channel. I love the 80s! Hey, that would make a good TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected