Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Day, oh Happy Day!!

It could come to a crashing halt at any moment (I'm such an optimist!) but I'm in a grat mood today. There's a story. Wanna hear it? No? OK, better stop reading then.

We're going back to Paducah for a few days. Misty is going up there to do some landscacpe design work. She's been planning it for a few weeks now. Last week she told me when we were going. I heard "the weekend of June 17th."

Today I was looking at tour dates for Glen Phillips. Suddenly, something catches my eye... Paducah, KY - July 13th. Now, keep in mind, I'm kind of a fan. So I call Misty. Thinking is it insane to drive 4 hours just for a concert?

"Will you need to go back to Paducah in mid-July?" "What do you mean, 'go back'? That's when we're going." "Really?!? When?" (I'm getting excited now.) "I told Mr. Sanders I would be there July 14th." I passed out from excitement!

Well, I didn't really, but I was mucho excited. Then I did some research and found out more. This is actually a Nickel Creek show "with Special Guest, Glen Phillips." Which most likely means Glen plays some of his songs, Nickel Creek play some of their songs, then they all get together and play together (they released an album together a few years ago). One of the best shows I ever saw involved Glen and 1/3 of Nickel Creek (Chris Thile). This has the potential for greatness!

Anyone want to go to a concert in Paducah. KY?

Crap! I have a dentist appointment in an hour. There's the crash I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected