Monday, March 26, 2007

Arturo says...

Jacob didn't go. (If you're lost read this.) I was really looking forward to going with him. I was disappointed. I cried a little. We did go to a Magic Show Saturday afternoon. Jacob loves magic. He got a Magic set for Christmas. He is very excited about doing magic right now. Then we went to the driving range yesterday. So we still got to do some Father-Son bonding. I smiled

Misty and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary Saturday. It was actually last week, but Misty had two tests so we waited. Misty had a steak; I had the Guiltless Black Bean burger. Who's the girl in this relationship? If you said Arturo (me), give your self 5 points!

Abby is loving Soccer. She played goalie again Saturday. The first time they put her in goal I had to look away. But she did great. This week she volunteered. She pretty much always gives up one goal, but that's all. No matter how many shots come, she stops all but one.

The Worship Leader thing is a mixed bag right now. The band obviously sounds good (we're getting lots of compliments), but we are by no means flawless. I really enjoy leading; it gives my fragile little ego a chance to get stroked. This week we goofed, well I goofed. We started playing, fine. I started singing, uh oh. I started in the completely wrong key. We started over...same thing. We played the song last week and I had trouble starting. This week we practiced it 5-6 times never had a problem. Finally, on the third try, I got it right. And the song probably sounded better than it ever had. Our keyboard player tried to say it was her fault, because she played the wrong chord. I'm not buying it; it was me. Oh well, so goes the life of the amateur musician. (And I use the word musician very lightly.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected