Thursday, January 19, 2006

Harvey

Here's the newest addition to our family, Harvey (Coleman).



That was taken a few weeks ago and I think he's about 974 times that size now. Well, maybe not that big, but he's growing FAST! It's a good thing he's cute, because the peeing, pooping, chewing thing is wearing thin. Tonight I read one of the best descriptions of a puppy, I've ever heard. It's from "Prayers for Rain" by Dennis Lehane (p. 176, ©1999, William & Morrow, New York, NY). He's describing a 6 month-old chocolate lab.

"You said, 'Clarence sit,' and Clarence ran away. You said, 'Here,' and he shit on the rug. There was something likeable about him, though. Maybe it was teh puppy innocence in his eyes, a wide aiming-to-please that filed his brown pupils even as he pissed on your foot."

Puppies are fun.

In closing, let me say that funerals should never be evengelistic. Have I mentioned that I hate funerals? Maybe not lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected