Monday, February 14, 2005

I'm Complication

I like classic Rock as much as teh next red-blooded Alabamian. (Ok, maybe not as much as that guy with the mullet in the Camaro with the 3 [with wings] sticker.) But man am I glad when my aunt leaves at 4:00 so I can turn teh radio off and listen to music from my computer. You can only hear "Hotel California" and "Whole Lotta Love" so many times in one week and still enjoy them. Ah, Glen...

Misty is sick. Kind of a sucky Valentine's Day for her (and for me since I don't like to see her sick).

It looks like I'll at least be singing, if not playing guitar, in the Contemporary Service. That means two services each Sunday. I can handle that. My spiritual life has been severely lacking lately anyway. I haven't found my niche yet. I need to find a men's group or a prayer/accountability partner or something. Treading water sucks.

I saw an old friend from high school at Wal-Mart last night. (Winston, it was Kimanthi Ford.) I haven't seen him in a long time. We lost touch sometime during college, and I hate that. We were really good friends. I gave him my phone numbers, but after I talked to him I realized I didn't get his numbers. I hope he'll call, I need friends. Misty and I have talked several times about the fact that we don't have many friends. For the past few years my best friends (except for my wife) have been teenagers. I haven't had a really good friend that I hung out with regularly since college. I have good friends now, but they don't live all that close. I think I'm unconsciously anti-social.

The ceiling above my head looks like it's about to collapse. That would suck.

I've gained about 10 pounds since we moved. My clothes are starting to not fit anymore. I've got to start running again. I think I've only run twice since we moved. Working 10 1/2 hours a day makes it touch to find time to exercise. Maybe I'll start doing Slim Fast again. I wish I had the grandmother's "You should eat, you're too thin" attitude. But my jeans are killing me!

I'm through wallowing in my classic rock induced mire. Have a great Valentine's Day! I'm going home to pray, run, and call a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected