Tuesday, February 15, 2005

God hugs

Jill's mention of a hug from God yesterday got me thinking about all the times God gives us a little nudge just to remind us he's there.

Once on a trip to Noah's Ark in PCB, FL we had a few kids who wanted to be Baptized. So our Pastor took them out into the ocean to dunk them. I was out there with them to help. As I stepped on the sand a wave broke behind me. When we got out of the water all the kids were wide eyed. They told us that waves were breaking on either side of us, but never where we were. It was a nice little God moment.

This weekend we went to Paducah to get the last of our stuff out of our house there and make a few repairs. One of the repairs was a storm door handle that came off. Long story short, someone lost the handle, so I can't fix it. I have to replace it. That didn't make me happy. I went to Lowe's hoping to find a handle to replace the lost piece. All I could find was a replacement for the whole latch/handle assembly. It was about $30. Now I was very unhappy. I decided I'd better look at the handle included in teh kit to make sure it would work. A Lowe's employee walked by and asked if he could help. I told him what I was looking for and he took me to the millwork counter. He mentioned that they kept a supply of spare parts. The guy asks us if it is a Larsen door. My reply was "I have no idea." Finally he finds what he's looking for. And hands us a latch/handle assembly. The shaft fits our handle and therefore will work without having ot replace the whole latch assembly. (Here's where God shows up.) He tells us, "Since you said it was a Larsen door, it's a warranty item. There's no charge."

Coincidence or God's favor? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected