Sunday, September 19, 2004

CSS

I love CSS!!! (Comcast Sports Southeast)

They replay all of the AU games on Sunday nights. I just finished watching "The Defense Game." I think that's the most fitting name for this year's chapter in the AU/LSU rivalry. There's the "Interception Game," the "Fire Game," the "Cigar Game," and, if you ask me, the "Whistle Game." I can't remember what year that was, I just remember Pat Nix was QB (so it had to be '95). Someone in the stands kept blowing a whistle and Nix would stop thinking the play had been blown dead, but the LSU defense would keep going. It happened 2 or 3 times.

Went to see Jars of Clay today. I can't remember if it was the 7th or 8th time I've seen them. I guess I could name all of those shows, too. "The First JoC Concert" at AU, "The Tornado JoC Concert" at Samford, "The Bubble JoC Concert" at Boutwell, "The Blizzard JoC Concert" at Murray St. U. w/ Caedmon's Call, etc.

Ah, the joy of naming inanimate events! Maybe I'll name my YD jobs, too. Let's see, there's "The Big-Brother-is-Watching Job," "The You'll-Never-Please-Us Job," "The We'll-Commit-Our-Money-but-Not-Our-Time Job."

Wow, this is fun! Everyone should try it. I could go forever. Maybe next I'll name past youth trips! (e.g. the "Mountain-T.O.P.-Staff-Hates-Me" trip.)

OK, I'll stop now. Maybe I'll do more later. For now it's a drink then off to bed! Only 12 more weeks 'til we're Alabama bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected