Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Guess Where I Am....

Well, it's time for school to start. I am back in class today. I have 2 today and 2 tomorrow, so this will be different from the Spring semester.

Today I have 'Christian Beliefs' and ' Church History'. Tomorrow is my second semester of 'Formation for Ministry' and 'Introduction to Education Ministries'. It should be a fun semester. I'm goign to try to do some 'live blogging' of my classes. We'll see how that goes.

I thought of a ton of things I should write about on my way to Memphis. Now I don't remember any of it. Maybe I'll remember later.

Time to start. Updates to come.....

Update 1:12 pm - My Christian Beliefs professor just said something that might have been the best thing I've heard so far in Seminary. "We will be moving between history and the present." Awesome!

Update 1:55 pm - We're going around the room introducing ourselves. So far we have a Columbian and a Kenyan. Both have been in the states less than 6 months. My favorite 'interesting fact' so far is a woman who is a former police lieutenant. She said, "On one hand, God gives me the authority to bless you. On the other hand, the State of Tennessee gives me the authority to blast you." This is going to be fun.

Update 3:25 pm - Done for now. Be back at 5:30.

Update 5:25 pm - Well, it's back to class again. Tonight it's Church History. Apparently this class is going to be really crowded. That could be good or bad depending on the class make up. We'll see how it goes.

I just realized on the way down here that I never posted my notes from this year's Annual Conference. I took notes, I just have not posted them. I'll try to get to that in the next few weeks.

I also need to get my sermon from last week posted. I'm trying to get audio posted for the last couple as well. So far it has not worked out. I'll keep trying. Time for class!

Update 5:45 pm - My 'Church History' professor is really dry. I have a feeling that I'm going to be laughing all alone often in this class.

1 comment:

  1. Xn beliefs and church history = learning the good stuff about what we believe, and then how we've screwed it up down through the generations. I'm not cynical. Well, maybe a little.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected