Thursday, March 10, 2011

Early Mornin' Sing Song...

OK, that has nothing to do with class, but that's what it is all about.

It's Thursday and that means I'll spend my day in a classroom. Actually 3 different classrooms, but you get the point.

I'm going to try to keep a running blog again today. we'll see. I thought I would get started early (before my classes) since I probably will not get to write much during my first class.

I am doing my oral presentation today. "Herod's Depoliticizing of the Temple" I'm nervous as a cat! I have tons of information. I hope I remember it all and I hope everyone else gets in on the discussion. I don't like to lecture. (I think my kids would beg to differ on that point.)

Well, it's time to start the day! I'm off to class.

*update* - My presentation is done. It was supposed to be a 25 minute presentation. It ended up lasting almost an hour and half. But that's OK. the presentation was basically just leading the class discussion. It seems we had decent discussion.

*update* - The question in class at the moment is, "What is the essential characteristic that is necessary for pastoral care?" So far everyone has said some variation on 'good listener.' as I typed that the next guy said 'be authentic' so there goes my theory.

*update* - We're doing some role play stuff in my pastoral care class. It's me and another guy (in his late 40's early 50's). Our situation was a 17 year-old girl who might be pregnant. Not my favorite activity today.

*update* - I just finished my 1st seminary test. I made at least a B, maybe better. I'm content with that.

Speaking of content, I've had an idea for a blog entry for quite a while, but I have not thought it out to write it yet. Here is the idea. Let mt know your thoughts.

What is the difference between 'content' and 'complacent'?

Food for thought. Thoughts? Comments?

*update* - The talkers are talking. And talking. And talking. And talking.

3 comments:

  1. does the "sing-song" mean you started with the Foamy Soap song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one of you gets to be the 17 year old girl?

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected