Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...and the next day, and the next...

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I did.

Life is busy right now. That is thanks, mostly, to Annie rehearsals. We are now in the stretch run. We are less than 2 weeks away from opening night. That means 3-4 hour rehearsals for the next few days.

I know I said this the last time I did a show (A Christmas Story in 2008,) but I’ve got to do this more often. I am really having fun with this show.

Most of the fun in theater happens backstage and at rehearsals. I have very few memories that happened on stage, during a performance. A forgotten line here or there and maybe a malfunctioning prop or two. Most of what I remember happened backstage.

I expect more of the same over the next couple of weeks.

I look forward to a fun couple of weeks. If you need me between the hours of 6:30 and 9:30, though, you are out of luck. I saw a great bumper sticker yesterday that summed up my life for the next two weeks wonderfully: “I can’t I have rehearsal.”

Speaking of Annie, the show opens at the Historic Shoals Theater Thursday night, July 15th at 7:30 pm and runs through Sunday July 18th at 2:00 pm. If you’d like to buy tickets, you can do so from me, or any cast member.

If you buy your tickets in advance they are $10 for adults and $8 for students. They will be $12 and $10 at the door.

That’s all I’ve got for today.

Oh wait, I should add: If you want to see my family and me in Annie, you should probably come on Thursday or Saturday night. The Girl is in the Orphan chorus, but only Thursday and Saturday nights. The Boy is in the orchestra. I am there for every performance.

Be the first to name all 3 of my characters (only one has name) and I’ll buy you an ice cream cone.

OK, one more thing. I got to do something today that I haven’t done in a long time. And I don’t get to do it very often. Misty and I went to lunch. Alone. It was, in the words of Clark Griswold’s Cousin Eddie, “Tchk, Really nice.”

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected