Monday, July 12, 2010

Hey Hobo man...

I seem to have no motivation to write lately.

I can’t think of any good stories to tell you. I have no new stories. Maybe I should start taking my medication more often?

If I were to write about what’s going on in my life, here’s what it would say: Today I went to work. Then I cooked dinner. Then I went to rehearsal. Then I went to bed.

That’s it. That’s life.

Actually, here’s a little tidbit from a fairly boring life.

Last Friday, my mom, my kids (they were at the office with me), and I went to lunch. As we sat in O’Charley’s waiting for our food I got a call from the office. My past experience tells me that it is never a good thing to get a call from the office during lunch. This usually means I forgot an appointment or a huge delivery showed up early or unannounced.

I answered the phone with some trepidation. The question on the other end of the line was not what I expected. “Scott, are your car keys here?”

“No. They are in my pocket.”

“Your windows are down and it’s coming a flood here.”

Great! When we returned to the office, I surveyed the damage. I left my windows about halfway down. It is, after all, July in Alabama. The seats were soaked. An inch of water stood in the cup holders.

If you, like me, have experience with rain-soaked car seats, you know that rolling up the windows is not advisable. This leads to a prolonged drying time and a pungent interior. By this time the skies were relatively clear, so more rain did not seem to be an issue.

Luckily, we have an extra vehicle at the office. The Jeep is our “lunch wagon,” and is the reason my vehicle sat at the office unattended with windows down while we went to lunch.

Later in the day, the kids and I made a quick trip to Lowes. On our way back I received another call from the office. More rain.

This time I was forced to roll up the windows. The rain remained steady and, according to the radar, would last a while.

Eventually (about 10:00 Friday night) Misty took me to the office so I could retrieve my drenched vehicle. I drove it home and parked underneath our carport and rolled the windows all the way down. The vehicle remained there throughout the weekend.

This morning it was finally dry.

There you have it, my one bit of excitement last week. Now it’s back to work. Then I’ll cook dinner. Then I’m off to rehearsal. Then to bed. Rinse and repeat.

PS – Come see Annie at the Historic Shoals Theater in Florence, AL! We open this Thursday night at 7:30 and run through the Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm! Remember, be the first to list all 3 of my characters and I’ll buy you an ice cream cone. (Hint: Only one will be named in the program.)

1 comment:

  1. Hobo #4, the Sailor, and Harold Ikes. I always knew you were a little icky, but you were a mighty fine Ikes. Good job!
    Frostbite?

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected