Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Grandmother

Just a quick update today.

First of all, Brazil is running up and down the field on North Korea. Still no score, but they have spent about 75% of the 32 minutes played in this match on N. Korea’s side of the pitch. Pitch, heh. Not sure why that makes me laugh.

My grandmother is in the hospital again. She has pneumonia. That’s not good when you’re 95 years old. Given her past performances, though, I expect a full recovery. She’s made more comebacks than John Travolta. (You know it’s funny that his name popped into my head, because Neenie was watching Grease in her hospital room when I went to visit her last night.)

She went to the ER Sunday with difficulty breathing. The ER doctor wanted to put her on a ventilator. She said no way. Finally my mom got there and told them no. Instead they treated her with medication. It worked. Her breathing regulated and she was able to get enough air to function. Her breathing was still labored, but much better than before. Eventually she saw her doctor. He said she had a viral chest infection.

After the medication and a few breathing treatments, she kept my mom up all night talking. She continued the medications and breathing treatments through the day yesterday.

Today her doctor told her about the pneumonia. My mom said she is not doing well today.

Prayers and/or get-well wishes are much appreciated.

4 comments:

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected