Monday, March 27, 2023

Someone Missed the Point

 I just have a thought or two to share. I stopped at a red light last week. A van stopped in front of me. Three bumper stickers adorned the back of the van: 1) Build the Wall; 2) Guns Save Lives; 3) Chapel Hill Bible Church.

The hypocrisy of those combined sentiments sent my blood pressure through my car roof. Given the events of today (March 27, 2023 – three children and three adults protecting those children were gunned down in a Nashville school… a Christian school), I only want to address the gun/Jesus hypocrisy. 

I just want to remind those who follow Jesus that Jesus chose to die on a cross rather than rise up in violence. In fact, he told at least one of his followers to put away his sword when soldiers came to arrest him. When faced with violence, and the option to respond with violence, Jesus chose to respond with peace. 

That is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected