Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling Toady

II’ve spent the last several days falling back in love with Toad the Wet Sprocket. Remember them? The 90s Alt Rock band from Santa Barbara, CA? You remember.

Walk on the Ocean, All I Want, Something’s Always Wrong.

Now you remember.

I started listening late in high school. I became a fan in college. A big fan. I once drove from Auburn to Birmingham to see them live. Alone. Luckily I ran into Winston Baccus and a couple of other people from Florence.

The band broke up in the late 90s. After that I continued following former front man Glen Phillips (and to a lesser extent Lapdog featuring Todd & Dean from Toad.) I, as most of you know, eventually developed a bit of a man-crush. A purely professional man-crush, of course.

Last week I finally put all of my Toad CDs into iTunes and thus onto my iPod. I’ve had it on shuffle lately. My iPod seems fixated on Toad. I’m glad. It has rekindled my love of the band.

The guys reunited for a tour a few years ago. Now they are starting to tour regularly. I can only hope this will mean a swing south. Soon.

Here’s a link to a recent article on HuffPost (scrool down a little for the Toad stuff). And here’s the band’s site including tour dates and links to buy their music.

Here are a couple of videos for nostalgic or introductory purposes depending on your prior exposure.



Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected