Saturday, January 9, 2010

You say it's your birthday!

It's January 9th. That means it's time for the annual celebration of my journey through the birth canal and into this world. 36 years ago today, my mom and dad, and to a lesser extent my brother (he was only 15 months old,) celebrated my birth.

I was born at 11:30 AM at ECM Hospital in Florence, AL on January 9th, 1974. I was more than a week over due. My mom spent the morning crying and wondering if would ever come out. I did, just a few hours later.

Today has been a pretty good birthday. We actually celebrated last night. My brother and sister and their families joined my family at my parents house. We ate pizza and ice cream cake. And it was good.

Today I took my son to get a guitar. He is taking Guitar at school and, naturally, he needed an instrument. I also took the opportunity to buy myself a digital effects pedal for my guitar (using birthday money of course.)

Before the music store trip, we went to watch my nephew play basketball. He's and is the youngest player in the 5-7 league at the Y. Watching 5 to 7 year olds play basketball is always entertaining. Always!

Following the shopping trip my daughter and I drove to Huntsville to see The Drowsy Chaperone. We both enjoyed the show. The cast was really good (which is not always the case with touring shows). It's just a fun show. I realized as we watched it, though, that there is some really dark subtext. "Man in Chair" is one disturbed dude.

Now I'm lounging on the couch watching the Cowboys v. Eagles play-off game. All in all, a great day. Hope you all had a great one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected