Thursday, October 22, 2009

Scott's P7 - Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of Scott’s Potentially Perfect Perhaps Perfectly Pathetic Pigskin Prognostications. Just like last week, this is post is 100% football related. If you want non-football content, read this entry from Tuesday - 10/20/09.

Last week I was 4-2 picking against the spread. UAB and my Auburn Tigers were the only teams to let me down. This week I’m just picking the 6 SEC games. I couldn’t find another national game I really cared enough about to pick a winner. Here we go!

UL Monroe @ Kentucky (-14.5) – No real analysis here. UK should win and should win big. Are they healthy enough to win by 2 TDs plus? I think so. The Wildcats win big.

Florida @ Mississippi State (+22.5) – I’m stumped on this one. Florida is coming off of an ugly (some would say undeserved) win. MSU is playing better than they have in years. Their defense is not bad, and their offense seems to be coming to life. Florida will win. They will win by double digits. The question is, can they win by more than 3 touchdowns? I think the Bulldogs come out fired up with the cowbells clanging. The Gators will get punched in the nose then they’ll shake it off and get down to business. The Gators win by at least 23.

Vanderbilt @ South Carolina (-13) – I don’t see much to analyze in this game. South Carolina is good. Vandy is not. I like the Commodores, but in 2009 they are back to being Vanderbilt. Not even marking tape on place kicks can save the ‘Dores. USC wins big.

Arkansas @ Ole Miss (-6.5) – Now this is an interesting game. The Rebels won big last week against overmatched UAB. Arkansas is coming off of a “moral victory” that, barring a couple of questionable calls and missed field goals, could have been a huge upset of #1 Florida. So the question becomes, is either of these teams as good as their performances last week? I’m still not sold on Ole Miss’ offense. The Razorback’s defense has played better over the last couple of games. I think that gives the edge to the Hogs. I’ll take Arkansas to win outright.

Tennessee @ Bama (-14) Bama doesn’t seem to be clicking on all cylinders. Against Georgia two weeks ago, UT played a complete game for the first time since week one. Plus they’ve had a week off to prepare. 2 questions will determine this game. 1) Can Lane Kiffin’s offense move the ball on Nick Saban’s stout D? A sub-question of that is: Can Jonathan Crompton play 4 quarters with no mistakes? 2) Can Monte Kiffin come up with a plan to stop the freight train that is Mark Ingram? I think this game is closer than most think. I think Bama will win, but I look for the Vols to keep it under the 14.

Auburn @ LSU (-7.5) – This game troubles me. Auburn’s offense was horrendous last week. Their defense has no depth. The Tigers have given up way too many yards on the ground the last 2 weeks. The running game is the one strength of a weak LSU offense. I’m actually optimistic about the game as an Auburn fan. But I also have many questions. Is Todd’s arm healthy? Can our receivers get open? Can we stop Charles Scott? Will Jordan Jefferson finally come to life, as QBs tend to do against the Auburn defense? I love my (Auburn) Tigers, but they’ve burned me too many times. I’m picking against them until proven wrong. I’ll take the Bayou Bengals from LSU to cover.

Watch football this weekend! This is the best time of the year. There’s not much better than SEC football in October.

Do you agree? Why am I right? Why am I wrong? I invite all comments and criticisms.

Once again, remember, these picks are for entertainment purposes only. (Not to mention the fact that I have no idea what I’m doing.) Please, no wagering.

War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected