Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camp

Just a quick off the cuff update.

We dropped our youngest off at camp today. Girl Scout Camp. She doesn't know anyone there. I really, completely believe she will be fine. That doesn't make it any easier.

I'll be a wreck until I go pick her up later his week. Luckily it's only for a couple of days.

Things will be a little more peaceful around the house for the next couple of days, but I know they won't be any less stressful.

I hope she'll make friends. I know she'll make friends. She's the extrovert of the family.
I hope she's having fun. I know she'll have fun.
I hope it doesn't rain.
I hope the other girls aren't mean to her. I hope she doesn't get home sick.
I hope she doesn't have any trouble going to sleep.
I hope she doesn't get hurt.
I hope she doesn't get in trouble.
I hope she doesn't learn anything I'm not ready for her to learn.

I hope I can sleep.
I hope I can get some work done tomorrow.
I hope I can not worry.

This could be a very long couple of nights

4 comments:

  1. #1 Tylenol P.M.
    #2. Being a parent is HARD.
    #3. This is so liberating and freeing for her, in her own little world. To be able to do something ALL by herself.

    #4. If I have to, Jacob and I can bring over our little girls for a while and you can have your fill of painted fingernails and my Little Ponies and fights over Barbies.

    #5. If that doesn't work we can pick you and Misty up a bottle of Rum.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant #2 as in.. "I'm feelin' ya Bro." Not in a condescending way.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll be fine. She's not likely to steal any Ted Neugent cassette tapes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good reference to my criminal past!

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected