Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In the Middle of Our Street

I can’t believe no one had an opinion on my Watchmen question/theory. No worries, but you should read it if you have not. It’s good stuff.

We finished moving. I’m tired, my back is sore, and my leg hurts. We’re done though. I took off work yesterday to get some small projects done and to rest a little. I got most of the projects done and was able to rest some. We had some good help in the move. Especially my nephew, Tanner, he was invaluable. As were a few others. I hate to name names because I will leave someone out. Just know that if you helped you are very much appreciated.

So far, I really like the house. I don’t expect that opinion to change. I love the neighborhood. We are close to friends, family, and our church. I walked to church Sunday. Which was probably a little funny looking since I was carrying my guitar and a bass. It was convenient, though.

The kids love it also. They have friends down the street and around the block, and cousins across the street. They’ve already started a clubhouse down the street.

The only complaint I have so far is our fence. The seller was to build a fence for us, and it is not finished yet. Letting the dogs out is very tiresome right now. We have to stand with them and watch closely to make sure they don’t run off. Hopefully they will finish the fence today.

I feel like I should comment on Auburn football. I just have no idea what to say. I am the eternal optimist when it comes to AU, so consider that as you read my mostly uninformed opinion. I think things will turn around this week. Giving the offensive reigns to Kodi Burns for good is a good thing. It should give him confidence and loosen him up a little. It’s hard to not play tight when you think any mistake could get you yanked from the game. Looking at the rest of the season through my orange and blue colored glasses I predict 8-4, which means losing one of our last 5 games. We’ll win the Outback or the Music City Bowl to finish 9-4. All things considered, that’s not too bad. We’ll see.

That’s all for today. I have been a little nostalgic lately. I have a couple of posts written in that vein. I’ll try to get them posted this week. Enjoy your Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected