Saturday, September 20, 2008

Scott's Potentially Perfect Pigskin Prognostications


I meant to get these up yesterday. But better late than never. Here are my predictions for a few of today’s games. Remember, this is for recreational use only. Please no wagering.
Vandy @ Ole Miss (-7) – This one is tricky. Is Ole Miss any good? Can Vandy start 4-0? Can Vandy win a road SEC game? I have no idea. I do think it will be close. I’ll take Vandy with the points.
Miss. State @ Georgia Tech (-7.5) – State is bad. So is the ACC. I think State’s defense will get a little boost from last week’s showing. But the offense will not improve. State’s defense keeps it close though. Tech wins, but won’t cover. I’ll take Mississippi State.
Georgia @ Arizona State (6.5) – This seems to be everyone’s upset pick this week. I don’t think so. Georgia heads west and wins by at least 10.
Florida @ Tennessee (7.5) – Another tough one. Tennessee is not very good. Florida is. But the Vols have revenge and redemption on their minds. I’m going with Tennessee (not necessarily to win, but to keep it under a touchdown.)
Troy @ Ohio State (-20.5) – The Buckeyes are pissed and have a lot to prove. Troy is better than some think, but not that good. I heard someone pick Troy to win outright yesterday. I don’t think so. Ohio State wins big.
Notre Dame @ Michigan State (-8.5) – One thing most Auburn and Alabama fans have in common, we hate Notre Dame. I’m taking the former home of Mr. Saban. Michigan State Spartans to cover.
Alabama @ Arkansas (9) – I like the Saban/Petrino match-up. I heard someone point out this week that they are the antithesis of each other. The Defensive mind vs. the Offensive guru. Bama wins, but I think the Hogs will keep it interesting. Take Arky with the points.
LSU @ Auburn (2.5) – I hate this game. My stomach will be in knots all day. If you like defense, watch this game. It’s always close. I hate close. Two of the top defenses in the country face off. I look for AU’s front 7 to wreak havoc (and let fly the dogs of war) in the LSU backfield. I also expect we’ll see a much better Auburn offense. Not good, but much better than last week. Auburn wins outright, 20-10.
There it is. We’ll see how smart I am throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected