Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's get political, political. I wanna get political.

 

I got this e-mail today. I hesitate to even re-print it, but I think I have to do it. This stuff irritates me to no end.

Subject; Revelations Chapter 13 . . . OBAMA???

This will make you re-think: A Trivia question in Sunday School: How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations?

Guess the Answer?

Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know what that is.

Almost a four-year term to a Presidency. All I can say is Lord Have Mercy on us!!!!!!

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ: The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal.... the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything

Is it OBAMA?? I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to resend this as many times as you can!

Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it! I refuse to take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of nowhere.

First of all, it’s just bad theology! Aside from that, my major beef with this stuff is the utter ridiculousness of it. I mean, come on, everyone knows that the Anti-Christ will be a little known politician from Romania who by some strange coincidence (i.e. Murder) will become the Secretary General of the UN. Then he will bring the world together under one government which he will call the “Global Community” and establish the global Capital in New Babylon. Then… well, you get the point. I take this crap about as seriously as I take the “Left Behind” books.

Do people really believe this junk? If you don’t like or agree with a candidate, that’s fine. Do you really have to stoop to spreading rumors? Do you really have to prey on people’s thin understanding of scripture?

To be fair, it goes both ways. There are e-mails with vicious rumors regarding McCain’s military service and things he supposedly said swirling around the interwebs also.

My point? (I’ve said this before.) Do your research. And don’t send me this crap.

And now, for something completely different…

I got this e-mail today also. Someone from church parked next to this car yesterday, and thought of me.

 

Apparently Baby was a three-toed Sloth. I’m glad they remembered their precious sloth with that tasteful sticker. Thanks for the picture Gigi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected