Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Musings and Deliberations from the Road (Part 2)

There has been much debate, pondering, and reflection around here today. Maybe even an argument or two. It is all over now. A conclusion was reached. A decision was made. After much contemplation and heated discussions I convinced myself to write about Spiritual Advisers.
(The thing I like most about arguing with myself is that I always win. Of course, I always lose, but that’s beside the point.)
I’ve never been to a Spiritual Adviser. I will assume that the phrase is synonymous with “psychic.” Which, again, I assume, includes predicting your future, reading palms, contacting deceased family members, etc.
What I do know about Spiritual Advisers is this: There are a lot of them. Look in the phone book. Go ahead, look. I’ll wait. Here in our little town we have 5 listings under “Psychics & Mediums.” Granted 4 of them are 800 numbers, but they are there ready to take your call. Between Florence and Auburn (depending on the route you take) you will pass no less than 3 establishments specializing in the business of advising in a spiritual manner.
I’m not going to take a stand one way or another on the business. That’s not why I’m writing. On second thought, I will. I think they are nuts. It may not be a scam, but is at the least a waste of money. Unless your spiritual adviser is Oda Mae Brown.
The three that I pass are Ms. Shelia, Mrs. Janet, and Miss Amanda. Another along the way, but not on the route I take, is Mrs. Joan in Birmingham. I have just one question I want answered. The only other group of people I know that is regularly called Miss, Mrs., or Ms. and then their first name is preschool teachers. Are all Psychics also pre-school teachers?
It’s something to think about. Maybe I should ask Whoopi. You think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected