Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One short day...

Ok, here we go. The eagerly anticipated answers to your most pressing question. “What show did that title come from?”
 
  1. I'm just a Broadway baby – Follies
  2. When you're a jet… – West Side Story
  3. Hello, young lovers – The King and I 
  4. I enjoy being a girl  – Flower Drum Song
  5. We're not gonna pay… – Rent
  6. Artificial flowers: Flowers for ladies of fashion to wear - Tenderloin
  7. Traditioooon! Tradition! – Fiddler on the Roof
  8. I'm always true to you, darling, in my fashion… – Kiss Me, Kate
  9. Ah yes, I remember it well – Gigi (Some creepy songs in that one.)
  10. I said it to me girl, and now me girl's me wife. – Mary Poppins
  11. Gimme, gimme that thing called love – Thoroughly Modern Millie
  12. Evlyone's a rittre bit lacist – Avenue Q
  13. To fight the unbeatable foe… – The Man form LaMancha
  14. Black, the dark of ages past – Les Miserables
  15. Past the point of no return, no second glances – The Phantom of the Opera
  16. I don't wanna show off no more… – The Drowsy Chaperone
  17. So when, when was that day? Was it on the church step? – The Light in the Piazza
 Fun times.
 
Something else I meant to write about a few weeks ago. I had a very odd dream not long ago. I’ll set it up. Many of you know the story of our leaving our previous church. If you don’t, you can read about it here. One of the reasons we left: the Pastor was a jerk. He was not nice. I think he spoke to me one time. It was in the bathroom. Who talks to someone while they are peeing? That’s just not acceptable. I get stage fright. Plus given the news of the day about…(OK, I was going to make a Priest joke, but again I’ll call bad taste and skip it.) So we left the church. Not just because he was unfriendly and definitely not because he talked to me in the bathroom (I’m not that crazy). There were some serious theological differences, too. But the unfriendliness was a big factor.
 
One more real world fact to set up the dream: Earlier this year it was announced that he was moving to a different church. About 4 weeks ago, he resigned from that church and the UMC as a whole to start a new church.
 
We left that church about 3 years ago. About 4 weeks ago I have the following dream. We were at the old church having a meal. Go figure, we’re Methodist. The dream was set in the present. We had left the old church and were happy at Edgemont. The pastor had left. But lo and behold, there he was at dinner. I tried my best to avoid him, and was making a pretty good go of it. Then I had to go back to the line to get a fork. Just as I was about to go through the “out” door to get one, he pops through. He has this huge, goofy grin on his face. He’s looking right at me.
 
“Hey Scott!”
“Hi.”
 
I try to step around him. He steps in front of me.
 
“How are you?”
“I’m ok.”
 
I attempt another evasive maneuver. He’s one step ahead.
 
“How’s the family?”
“They’re alright.”
This continued. He was sugary sweet. It was obvious he’d heard we weren’t happy about the way he treated us. Somehow, I eventually got away from him got my fork and went to sit down. He was at the table. Being as nice as he could be to the family.
 
Eventually he and I ended up somewhere to ourselves. He blamed me for his “getting fired.” Around that time, I woke up. It was a weird dream. Anyone want to analyze it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected