Monday, May 19, 2008

Another day, another controversial topic.

I heard an amazing interview on Fresh Air today on NPR. You can read an intro to the piece and listen to it here.

Quick summary: It's an interview with a man who was the Death-House Chaplin in Huntsville, TX for 13 years. I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but I plan to do it tomorrow. I sat in Lowe's parking lot for 10 minutes or so this afternoon because I could not turn it off. It is very engaging regardless of your views on the Death Penalty.

Completely changing the subject, here's one of the things I meant to write last week:

I saw something on Mother’s Day that I have never seen in my life. I have see pictures, but never in person. I saw my grand-dad’s upper lip. He has had a mustache as long as I’ve been alive and well before that. He shaved it once before I was born. When my brother was a baby he was scared of Pap’s mustache, so he shaved it. That was the last time. 35 years ago. I'll claim that as my inspiration to shave... a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected