Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Rain in Spain is Nothing But a Pain

I don't like attention. I'm perfectly content to sit in a corner, go about my business, and do my best to not be noticed. I gues it's a little ironic that I stand in front of 60-70 people every Sunday to sing, play, and pray. I think of it as good, free therapy. Just one more way to help me get over my case of the crazy. 

This feeling was almost tangible today. I took my Dad's corvette to the shop yesterday. It's a 2006 convertible. NICE! The top would not go down, so it needed some attention. Today I went to pick it up, and drove it to my parents' house. Of course, I had to test the top. And then I had to drive it back with the top down. This was maybe the most uncomfortable drive I've ever taken. At every trafic light people were looking. And I was sinking a little further down in the seat. Wow, as I re-read that I realized just how crazy I am.

I think I've mentioned this before, but it warrants repeating. I'm sensitive. Not "I feel your pain" sensitive, but "Why's everybody always picking on me" sensitive. Chances are if I've known you very long, you've said or done something that offended or upset me. Luckily for you I'm not one to lash out. I'm also not one to hold a grudge. The good news is, I know I have a problem. If I get offended I know that it is USUALLY me being overly sensitive. The problem comes on those occasions when I should be offended, but just attribute the feelings to my crazy. 

Good Lord, I am nuts! Wow, I'm going to stop writing now before I scare off the few of you still reading.

Just know that you've likely hurt my feelings at some point, but I'm OK with it. It will happen again. I guarantee it. 

Enjoy the freakshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected