Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Holy Communion, Batman! Superman is Methodist.

Who knew. Found this website today through The Wittenburg Door. It gives the religious affiliation of thousands of Comic Book characters. It's pretty interesting. It even gives background from the comics themselves. 

From there I found this site. It shows famous people who were/are adherents to particular religions. Interesting stuff. 

Since I'm a United Methodist guy, I had to see who else was. My favorites: Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster), Christopher Walken, Stephen King, Tori Amos, Harriet Tubman, and Rosa Parks. Biggest surprise: Rush Limbaugh?!? I had him pegged as an SBC.  Most appropriate: Brandon Routh who played Superman in Superman Returns.

Other notable Methodists: Ted Bundy, George Lucas, W.C. Handy, Oral Roberts (?!?), Jackie Robinson, and Ken Lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected