Friday, September 14, 2007

Smart move...I think

I think this is a smart move on NBC's part. New Fall Shows From NBC -- Free on Unbox

If you're unfamiliar with Unbox, it's basically Amazon's answer to downloading TV and movies from iTunes. There's a twist though, from Unbox you can download directly to your TiVo. I watched the first two Bourne Movies a couple of weeks ago for $.99 each. Or they would have been that much if I didn't get that $15 credit when I first signed up! I love that I can download stuff directly to my TiVo. The chair at my computer is not all that comfortable. Now I have the convenience of downloading movies without the achy butt from watching them on the computer. But back to NBC.

I think this is a good move. Offer your new shows to Technophiles for free. Get them to watch them. Create buzz. Of course it could backfire. The buzz could be negative. People like me like the convenience of downloading and watching at our leisure. (Kind of the same thing as TiVo'ing) to let us do it for free. Smart, smart, smart. Unless the show sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected