Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Let it go! Gotta LET it GO!

Someone remind me to go get my kids in about 30 minutes. It's 2:05 now.

I've been delving into the past today. Earlier I was reading old LJ posts from about 2 years ago. A few minutes ago I was reading through an old legal pad from about 5 years ago. 

Looking into your past is lots of things. Nostalgic. Humbling. Infuriating. Refreshing. 

This morning was nice. I was reading about a broken hip (my grandmother), made up words, Star Wars 3, the Home Builder's lcense test, my former church and why we left, etc. I enjoyed it. It was a really nice look back. It reminded me of things I'd forgotten. 

This afternoon I found an old legal pad from my days in Birmingham and first few weeks in Paducah. It was not a pleasant. I read notes from staff meetings, youth council meetings, old MYF outlines, etc. Boring stuff. Then I found a list of topics from a meeting with our paastor in B'ham. I knew better, but I read it anyway. That meeting was the beginning of the end, and pretty much summarized my time there. I'm not going to go into details. I guess I just need to let it out. 

Gotta go get the kids. And keep my head from exploding. All this past stuff is making my blood pressure go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected