Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ACPlog part 3

I should mention that all of the regular text on these last few entries, and at least one more, was written while I was at Annual Conference this weekend. Everything in italics is from the here and now. Kind of like editors notes. Just thought I should mention that.

We pick up now with the second day. Jamie (our Lay Delegate) and I (the alternate Lay Delegate) decided to skip the ordination serviceon Friday night. More on that later. Here's day 2


6/2/2007 - 8:30 AM

We're back at it again. ClearBranch's band sounds good. I think we could sound as good with their sound equipment. (This is more a statement about the quality of our equipment than it is about ClearBranch's.)

Another Ballot. The GC delegations are elected.

Went to eat with Heath last night. Jamie, Eric (Our Pastor), and I met him at Villa Fiesta. It was good. I was miserable for a while afterward, but it was excellent. After eating Jamie and I went to the movies with Heath and a couple of his friends. (We had our picture made. Click) We saw "Waitress." It was really good. Keri Russell is just a knock out. Felicity turned out pretty. (Look out Sutton Foster! I think you've got some competition. That'll teach you to get married.) I had a really good time. I enjoyed meeting Shane and David. I think Jamie had a good time also.


"Share the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi I think it was the guy from SIFAT used that quote. I like it.

An on going theme of Conference so far has been the shrinking number of Clergy. Related to that is the need and the push for more and more young people called into ministry. That keeps coming up. And I mean more than just at Conference. Follows me like a mangy stray. Well maybe not exactly like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected