Monday, February 6, 2006

March 12

Glen Phillips is coming back to Nashville. Guess I'd better get my driving shoes ready again. I wish he'd play on a Friday or Saturday just one time...
Oh well...

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Min was not bad, other than being fairly unproductive. I planned to fix our gutter on the front of our house. Everytime we get a hard rain, water pours down in front of a window. I fgured water is getting behind the gutter. I didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach, so I decided to get on the utility room roof, then climb onto the main roof from there. Well, it was taller than I thought. Luckily I have a 6 foot ladder. I nailed a strip of wood to teh roof (to scotch the ladder) and set it up. I climbed up to teh roof with drill and screws in hand. When I got over to the front, I realized the shingles were overlapping the gutter just as they should. I checked the gutter and I't pretty securely attached. Then I started sliding.

We live in a two story town house. A typical story is about 10 feet. I was at leat 20 feet up with nothing in front of me but air and then ground. Luckily I only slid a few inches. But it was enough to remind me that I had two kids and a wife that depend on my income and my abilities as a husband and father. I quickly climed back to the back of the house and down my two ladders. Then I went around front to check out the gutters. It looks like water is going over and down the front of the gutter for some reason. It's not full or clogged. We've got gutter guards. This weekend, I'll get a taller ladder and climb back up, but I'll try to fix it from the ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected