Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Beware the Ides...

In honor of our 10th Anniversary, I'll tell Scott & Misty Stories all week. (Well, the rest of the week.) Today, it's "How we met!"

I'll start in 7th grade. It was our Spring Fling Dance. A girl comes up and asks me if I'll ask her friend to dance. I say, "I don't dance!" She says please, so I said I would ask her. Turns out the girl was Misty Rawdon. Wow, she's cute. I never asked her. I'm shy like that.

Fast forward to the end of 8th grade. The National Junior Honor Society took a field trip to Opryland (remember Opryland?). After our glorious day of roller coasters and expensive food we boarded the bus to head back to Florence. Somewhere in Columbia, TN I made the following comment about a pick-up truck I was admiring. "That is a bad ass truck!" As soon as I said it, I got a jolting kick to the back of my seat. I look back and Misty Rawdon is there and says, "You shouldn't say that." Me: "Say what? Ass?" Misty: "No, truck." (Weren't we cute?)

Long story short, I ended up sitting with her for a good part of the ride home because our seat mates wanted to have seats to themselves to sleep. It was a wonderful bus ride. That is until Jamie Cain decided, for some unknown reason, to poke Allison Sneed in the butt with a spork. I asked him why and he echoed Sir Edmund Hillary: "Because it was there."

Back at the school Misty and I we two of the last to be picked up. We sat on a fence and laughed about trucks and bus seats and sporks and butts. Then her mom came to pick her up. I remember that car being one of the most horrible things I'd ever seen. It meant she was leaving. I sat there on the fence alone, a little sad, but mostly I was excited about the day I'd just experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected