Wednesday, March 16, 2005

2 days

Fast forward almost a year from yesterday's story...

Misty and I dated for about 3 months in 9th grade. I'm really not sure you could call it dating. My mom would drive me to Misty's house, then drive us both to the movies. We would go to the movie then walk to Pizza Hut to eat. After a while my mom would pick us up and we'd take Misty home.

We did a few other things together, too. We went to the Miss Spring Fling pageant at Forest Hills, the Miss Bradshaw pageant (with me slipping & sliding around in my baseball spikes), and various other school and community events. She even convinced me to participate in the Spring Fling Flung pageant. Which meant me in a dress lip-synching to the Judds' "Mama He's Crazy."

Through it all, I eventually got up the nerve to hold her hand. I was always horribly shy around girls. (More on that tomorrow.)

That summer I hung up on her for some reason and we broke up. I was stupid. I spent the summer regretting it and waiting for school to start back. Hopefully, we would have some classes together. We didn't, and she was dating someone else.

By the end of that year we were friends again and talking almost every night on the phone. That lasted all through high school. By the time we were seniors we were very good friends. She was one of my best friends.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected