Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Joy

Lets see if I can't give this thing a little more happy tone. It's been too dark and drab lately. Maybe I'll just talk about my family.

First I have to talk about how proud I am of Misty (my wife). She started back to college this semester after being out of school for almost 8 years. (We both graduated from AU in December of '96.) She is getting some pre-requisites out of the way so she can start Nursing School (hopefully) next fall. She is doing amazingly! In one class she has an average of like 103 or something, which is bad if it's a fever but extra-ordinarily good for an average grade. She has an A average in her other class also. Of course, she's disappointed that it's not as high as her Anatomy/Physiology grade, but that's one of the things I love about her! I am not surprised that she is doing so well, but I am, at the same time, completely amazed that she can do so well while raising two kids, working part-time, and trying to run a household all at the same time. My wife is absolutely amazing! I admire the heck out of her. And I love her to death! How did I get so lucky?

Now, the kids. My son is great also. I think one of my favorite things is sitting in our chair in the living room and having him come sit beside me to watch TV or read. Maybe it's because it reminds me of sitting in Papaw's chair with him years ago (18 years ago was the last time). A few days ago we sat and watched Food Network. It was great. Speaking of reading (I promise I did a few sentences ago. Go back and re-read it if you don't believe me.), he is an amazing reader! Right now he is reading the Limony Snicket books. They are rated at about a 6th grade level. He's in second grade! I'm just glad he likes reading. I don't think I did at that age. He brought home straight A's the last 9 weeks. He makes me proud!

My little girl is about to be 4. I can't believe she's getting so big. The time passes too fast. She had her first sleep-over last week. She went to spend the night with one of the nursery workers and her granddaughter. She was so big and brave! She came home from church, got her bag, gave hugs and kisses, and left. Just like that. *sigh* She loves the computer now, too. She lives on barbie.com and pollypocket.com. She's quite the cuddle-monkey. If I ever lay down on the couch to take a nap, I'm almost guaranteed that she'll be there under the blanket with me very soon.

Well, it does me some good to sit and think about all of the great things I have in my life. I could never put into words how much I love my wife and kids (not the TV show, it's terrible). Just writing about them has made me smile and helped me forget that things aren't exactly the way I want them to be right now. But if they were, I might take these seemingly little things for granted. But really selling our house or not, feeling out of place at work, wondering where we're going to live in Florence; that's the little stuff. I have a wonderful family that loves me. We're healthy. We're happy. Thanks God! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected