Monday, October 18, 2004

Is that me? Well...

Wow, it's been a while. Not being able to update from home sucks a lot. So, according to the 27 questions I answered I'm most like:
Very interesting. VERY interesting.

We've listed our house with a realtor. That means we will almost certainly have to rent for a while. I think that will be nice, if we can find a decent place. We will be able to save some money and have a nice down-payment when we're ready to buy. I would really prefer that this be the last house we buy for a LONG time! I am tired of moving. Mostly I'm tired of buying nd selling houses.

After we move we'll have to decide where we're going to church. That should be interesting. I'd really like to end up somewhere I can get involved. St. James is starting a Contemporary Service. I had so much fun with Nexus at BPUMC. I'd like to get involved in something like that again. Plus, after I leave here, I'm going to miss playing guitar and singing every Sunday. That could be a nice way to meet that need.

I'm just not sure I want to be back at St. James. There are so many people there I love! It would be great to be around them again. But there are also some hard feelings from the way I was treated when I worked there. There were things I thought were handled very badly, and I had my feelings hurt more than once. There are a few people (VERY few) that I'm not sure I'd be totally comfortable worshiping with.

But then again, it's where I grew up. My home shurch. My grandmother is there. I have lots of great friends there. I think I would be able to get involved in leadership stuff fairly quickly. I'm ready to be a church member and actually feel lke I can speak up on controversial issues. It'll be fun to get to stir the pot a little more than I can now. Or maybe I should say a little less subtly than I do now.

I Know I really want to get on SPRC of what ever church I attend. I want to be the voice of reason and advocate for the staff in that setting. That's something I have not had enough of in my years as a church employee.

This has gone entirely too long. But I haven't been able to vent in a while. Maybe I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected