Sunday, September 26, 2004

A little bit of nothing

You, know I always think of tons of things to post up here during the day. Then I get time to post and my mind goes completely blank. I really have nothing. How about a stream of consciousness. Let's see if that works.


I've been watching Survivor, but I don't feel myself getting into it as much this year as I have before. The Apprentice, though, wow, it's been really good. You know what sucks listening to a bootlegged concert where teh people sitting near the taper talk incessantly!!! Shut up skank! That guy is not THAT hot. Same goes for concerts. I saw Glen Phillips at a bar in Nashville in May and about half-way through the show some guy comes up and starts talking to the people behind me. They talk for at least 4-5 songs non-stop. Amid the unimportant dribble I keep hearing them say things like "Has he played Walk on the Ocean?" "What about All I Want?" Then they go on some more about how absolutley cool they and their lives are. It's quite irritating. Also irritating are 7th graders who act like 2nd graders. I don't mean they bicker and whine. I mean carry stuffed animals (that they talk to) and talk about how great "Fairly Odd Parents" is (my 3 year-old loves it too). For example, we're on our way home from Six Flags. And I hear, "Scott, could you turn down the air? S'mores is cold." S'mores is a stuffed dog she'd bought for her younger sister. This from teh same girl who, while we were giving prayer requests, told us her grandmother died the day before. Never happened. Those stupid people are still talking! Why pay to see a concert you're going to talk through? Misty and I went to see James Taylor in B'ham about 10 years ago and sat in front of some of teh stupidest "concert talkers" ever. For example, one guy tells the other he's going to Costa Rica. The other guy says, "You'd better be careful down there. You might get put on 'Spindler's List!'" I love concerts. I just don't love teh people who attend them. Or people who drive on teh same roads I'm on. No one ever seems to want to drive teh way I want them to drive. This Saturday should be fun. We're having a cookout for our "young Adult" Sunday school class. I'm not terribly excited about it. I have never been to the class. Oh now they're singing along with "Flake." Stupid "Play Your Hits So I Can Leave and Tell Everyone What a Great Show I Saw People!" So, I've never been to the class and don't really like several of the people and turn out probably won't be that great anyway. It'll be nice to be around adults for a change though. I've already told Misty we can only stay for an hour and a half. AU plays UT at 6:45. She rolled her eyes. I miss going to AU games. That will be another perk to being in Abalama. I hope we'll get to a couple of games next year. We are planning to have season tickets in teh next 5-10 years. Stupid concert girl says in perfect drunken soprano, "Oh, I love this song!" (Jimmy Buffet's "Pirate Looks at 40") But now she's talking again. I'm excited about the game this weekend. It should be a great one. I hope it will be anyway. I bid $60 for tickets the other day. They're up to $300 now. I should probably get in bed now. Gotta go to work tomorrow. Goodngith all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected