Monday, July 11, 2011

Quick but potent.

Quick update today. But only because I’d hate for Emily Creasy to have to read the same thing day after day. If you’re going to read, I guess I should update.

I’m done with school for the summer. I made A’s in both of my classes. I’m proud of that. I’ll post my final paper from each class in the next few days.

Church is going well. We have a revival coming up August 7-10. I’m going to preach each night. Should be fun. If you’re anywhere around Moulton, you should come.

The Girl is playing an Oompa Loompa in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I’ve been sitting in on their rehearsals for a little while now. It should be a fun show.

I’m not sure I’ll get to see it though. Because I have found myself suddenly cast in a show. Here’s the story:

At a Willy Wonka rehearsal, the director came and sat beside me. She leaned over and whispered, “I wish you’d tried out for this show. I saw you audition for Annie. I know you don’t know me, but I thought I’d let you know.”

I told her I did not have the time because of school and my new appointment as a UMC pastor. I also told her that I did indeed know her. She was my drama teacher for my first semester of my freshman year. She was pregnant at the time and took maternity leave for the second semester. Then she and her family moved to Michigan. Oh, and I said thanks for the compliment.

Last week David Hope called me. He is directing Guys & Dolls at the Ritz in Sheffield. Long story short, he needed someone to play Lt. Brannigan. He asked Ms. Hughes (the afore mentioned director/teacher) for a recommendation. She recommended me. I agreed.

So now, I am playing Lt. Brannigan in Guys & Dolls. Performances are July 21-23 and 28-29. at the Ritz. Come see it!

That’s all for now. Hopefully I’ll have time for a better story soon. In the meantime, you should read some of the archives. I recommend the story about me taking the kids to the library. Fun stuff. New sermon tomorrow! Bye, Emily!


*edit* - Here's a link to "The Library Story"

3 comments:

  1. Tell Ms. Hughes hello for me. Go get 'em with all the successes! You and Misty are something else with all you achieve. I'm lucky to get laundry folded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jennifer - Doing and succeeding are two different things. I seem to DO a lot. I'm not sure how much I succeed, though. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your traffic feed is confused. I'm the visitor from Hamilton. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected