Monday, August 2, 2010

The Schedule

I’m trying a new approach to work today. I made a schedule. I’ve scheduled almost every moment of my day. Here’s what the schedule looks like:

8:30-10:00 am – Look over jobs to bid
10:00-11:00 am – Mail
11:00-12:00 pm – Lunch
12:00-1:00 pm – Worship planning meeting @ EUMC
1:00-3:00 pm – Invoices
3:00-3:30 pm – Play
3:30-5:00 pm – Invoices

So far it has made me at least a little more productive. Granted the schedule actually starts an hour and a half into my workday. I expected bumps, and the day has not disappointed in the area. I’ve actually revised the schedule a couple of times. But it seems to work.

I’ve never been a list kind of guy. We’ll see how it works in the long run. The main thing I am trying to avoid with the scheduling is wasting too much time. Therefore, I scheduled some time for games and writing and such into my day.

Speaking of… my time is up. It’s time to list more invoices.

More tomorrow…maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I love to watch productive people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have to have a schedule or else I don't EVER get anything done. Of course, it's hard for me to stay on a schedule as well...
    Is Eric saying he's watching you???? Hmmmm.... ;) acr

    ReplyDelete

 

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered and Protected